The shrine is situated on Nan’ s eastern bank at the back close to Chiang Mai-Bangkok railway, inside of which there is Chao Mae Thap Thim (Tiu Buai Teng Neng) as a main image. On the right is Guan Yu while on the left are Pun Tao Kong and Pun Tao Ma. Historically, Chao Mae Thap Thim and Guan Yu were invited from provinces of Hainan and Guangdong, People’s Republic of China around 1867. At that time, the dockyard owner trading in Tha Lo village was the one who invited Chao Mae Thap Thim from China.He gave away 2 rafts of gold teak logs to build a large shrine to house Chao Mae Thap Thim and Guan Yu, to whom villagers and devotees from near and far could pay respect. In addition, this shrine is a learning center in Thai and Chinese to the people’s progenies in the village. Since then, villagers’ families’ trades and growth thrived. History has it that the shrine’s most
valued permanent structure is the palanquin brought from China, a strong house, entirely carved in flowers and animals conforming to the Chiense art, and 2 sets of
miraculous items(16 pieces) belonging to 8 immortals (Poei Bo). These are invaluable items expecially brought from Guangzhao at that time. The gods’ and goddess’s holiness and might at Chao Mae Thap Thim at Tha Lo had been widely known from the very beginning. The adherents from near and far have been bestowed with happiness and living without harm till today.
Getting there Take Highway No. 111 (passing Phichit-Sak Lek) and turn left to to wat Wichittaram alley , passing Tha Lo market and turn left.
|Location||Getting there Take Highway No. 111 (passing Phichit-Sak Lek) and turn left to to wat Wichittaram alley , passing Tha Lo market and turn left.|